Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I guess I can't make my family live under a rock

Today I took Greta and Andrea with me to Target. Yesterday I had heard about some great clearance sales they were having, so I wanted to see what I might find. I didn't find much. While walking through the girls clothes I started pushing the cart toward a pink shirt with Hershey's kisses on it. I thought Greta might like it. She saw one shirt and one shirt only; a black Hannah Montana shirt. Doh!! I have hoped that we could avoid High School Musical, Camp Rock (or whatever it is), Hannah Montana, and others. But this is what she wanted. When I asked who Hannah Montana is Greta told me "a singer." That's all she knows. But the other girls at school think she is cool. She cried for at least five minutes because I didn't take it off the rack (I was still deciding, and I didn't want to get her hopes up by putting it in the cart like I normally would, just to change my mind and put it back. Okay, really, I just didn't want to get it). We walked around, Greta finally told me that she wanted to go home, so I found the last couple things I needed and we started to head for the front of the store. Then I saw my mom pushing her own cart. Greta also saw her and ran to catch up. She was told about the Hannah Montana shirt right away. "Can we go get it Grandma???" For whatever reason my cart was no longer good enough for my girls. I stopped to look at a few things and lost my family, only to find them closer to the girls clothes. My first time through the little and bigger girl sections I didn't find anything. The second time I found a few things. One of which was a PINK Hannah Montana shirt. I held it up to Greta's back when she wasn't paying attention to see if this shirt would actually keep her belly covered. It looked like it would. I had it strategically folded in the cart so she couldn't see what it was, just that a pink shirt was in the cart. She asked to see it a couple times.

We shopped around for awhile, were walking toward toilet paper, when Greta told me she found the perfect thing to wash the toilets. I think it was a Clorox Toilet Wand. She carried that box around for maybe ten minutes. She would not put it down. She thought that's what we needed. I don't think she knows that I have a toilet brush. She finally put it down after I pointed out a package of tissues that included a Hannah Montana box. Then she didn't want to put that down. I can't remember what my mom finally said, but she put the packageback where it belonged. No tears.

We left the store with Greta not really knowing whether or not there was a Hannah Montana shirt in a cart. But then she thought she saw the checker put one in my bag. She kept asking to look, but I made her wait until we got home to pull all the shirts out. Once again I got zero credit. "The man put a Hannah Montana shirt in our bag!!!" *sigh*

1 comment:

Marni said...

I bought Carolyn one of the HSM shirts. I normally like to use my children to advertise, but I figured at $2ish we could do it just this once. :)