Friday, August 29, 2008

Andrea is practicing following directions

Monday, I think while I was at school, Greta and Andrea were in the backyard playing in the sand. (We have been building a new deck with pavers around it. The pavers have sand sitting on them to go down in between the bricks.) And put handfuls of sand in Greta's hair. My mom told her not to do that. She had two handfuls of sand, lifted her hands up, and dropped it in her own hair. LOL! Nice!

Andrea had her well-check today. She didn't care for the nurse, but she really liked the doctor! She got two shots today, but only cried until Greta got a sucker for her. Greta was such a huge helper while we were there, telling Andrea how brave she was, telling her that the nurse was nice, and that doctors and nurses help us to feel better.

The doctor asked if Andrea was saying many words.
Me - "Not a lot, but she is trying more and more, right Greta?"
Greta - "Yeah. Sometimes she even says 'people.' "
Andrea - "Pea-poh?"

"Pea-poh" is her newest word, I think. She was playing with Fisher Price Little People that I played with as a kid. I asked if she had the car for the people when she tried saying it herself. It makes me smile every time she says it. She has also started saying "yes" instead of just "yeah" this week. That kinda makes me sad. I loved hearing her say "yeah" all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for words!! It is so fun when they have a new one that they try on for size all the time.