Monday, May 18, 2009

Andrea stole the "show"

My grandpa passed away on Mother's Day. His funeral was Saturday. My dad suggested that the grandkids and great-grandkids sing "I am a Child of God" like we had at my other grandpa's funeral. I was not excited about the idea at all.

On our way to the church Saturday morning I asked the girls to practice singing with me. When Greta and I got to the third verse Andrea started shouting at us that we weren't singing the right words. Then she was crying. After I finished singing Greta told me that she didn't know that part.

We got to the church. Our time came to go up and sing along with siblings, cousins plus their spouses and kids. I was trying to get copies of the words to the song to some that didn't know the song. Greta and Andrea ended up in a group of kids while I joined a group of my cousins. Not too long into the song I heard a familiar little voice, singing her heart out. Andrea brought a huge smile to my face and a lot of others.

After the funeral a lot of people made sure to tell Andrea and me what a good job she did singing. There were quite a few people that were surprised that, at 2 years old, she knew the words to the song.

1 comment:

Sue (MOM) said...

It was so fun to hear her sing while Uncle David played 'I Am A Child Of God' while everyone got onto the stand. She sang all by herself!! And then she sang with all of her heart along with everyone. I just hope it picked up on the recording......