Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My teacher said....

A little while ago I was having Greta wash up in the restroom. Out of nowhere she said, "I have to ask Grandma where the doll is. My teacher said that one of the girls took the doll home. I have to take it back." I didn't know what she was talking about. The only doll I knew she had brought home was a paper doll she had painted and added yarn for the hair. I asked if that was the doll, and if her teacher wanted to hang it on the wall. "Yes." Ah-ha! I don't know why the teacher didn't just ask Greta where her doll was (her name was written on the back by an adult). Oh well.

Yesterday I was filling out a form for Greta's school. One of the questions was asking about her favorite activities. She told me finger painting, play dough, playing outside, and dress-up. I asked her what she thought Andrea's favorite activity was. My mom interrupted and said "potty!" I laughed. Why? Because it's the truth! Yesterday I came home from work to hear that she had sat on the potty about 25 times. I came home today to a much larger number (from my sister). And it's not us trying to potty train her. She says "po-ee" and we put her on it. Most of the time nothing happens, but she has had very few stinky diapers in a long time. Last night as I was putting the girls to bed Andrea said "po-ee" so I took her. She hadn't been sitting there for long when I heard a little tinkle. Wa-hoo!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for pt'ing