Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lots of exciting things!

Last weekend the girls had a sleepover with their daddy. Saturday they went to a local celebration. I had been out shopping and called to ask Greta which of a couple backpacks she wanted, only to find out that she was getting ready to get her face painted. When I was young and got my face painted it was a small picture (flower, heart, something like that). When they got home that afternoon this was what I saw.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was shocked. I don't think I had ever seen a face painting like that before, but she loved it. She washed it off herself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She thought it was good enough.

Photobucket

I did not agree.

This is how Andrea eats muffins if we don't stop her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Greta's first day of school was Tuesday, September 9. We went to the school the Thursday before for an Open House for her to see her new class and meet her teachers. We stayed about 40 minutes (all the time I had before I had to get the girls back home so I could get to work). Greta cried when we left. School wasn't long enough!

First day of school:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Two days later she thought she had to wear the same school dress. Her grandma helped to convine her to wear a different dress, one that I wore when I was about her age!

Photobucket

And here's Andrea, excited to go to school. She got left behind with me (I can't easily drop her off before work without being late), her grandpa, and her aunt. She wasn't happy.

Photobucket

Two cute girls today after church. Before I got them dressed I thought their dresses were the same color. Oh well.

Photobucket

No comments: